Monday, February 7, 2011

Redeeming the Character

Many have looked upon themselves, and wanted to change. I've been there. I've needed to change my actions. But to change those actions permanently requires what I call 'Redeeming the Character', the being that acts, the reason I acted that way.

The best characters never start out perfect, but are riddled with flaws. They grow. But many times I had grown to selfishness, looking at only myself. All others became tools to achieve my goal in one magnitude or another. I needed to be changed. My thoughts became darker, objectified women, I destroyed and I hated, going down an endless spiral what finalizes with the end of a character. No character, only desire and despair.

One Writer saved me. Changed my surroundings to give me purpose, and returned life to a shell that was hollowing. I gained a 'face' and something to face toward, and became a character again.

No comments:

Post a Comment